FEARLESS COLD READING
& AUDITION TECHNIQUE
This is a FUN, challenging, thorough class that is absolutely packed with information and skills.
NOW ENROLLING 1 Group in June | JULY tba soon Join list to be notified.
|1 Group||Thursdays 10am-1pm NYC TIME|| June 4, 11, 18, 25
FEARLESS COLD READING is a 10-point system that completely solves audition problems that arise out of nerves or not knowing what to focus on, including:
- Getting buried in the script
- Not connecting to your partner
- Making safe or weak or no choices!
Focused practice with partners during the week gets the 10 points into your body so that no matter how much time you have to prepare, you will habitually
- Commit and connect
- Assess the style and tone of the script
- Make strong character choices
- Listen to and “ride” the script adventurously, instead of playing it safe out of fear, overwhelm, or indecision
You will learn how to prioritize your preparation time—whether it’s 5 minutes or 2 weeks.
We also troubleshoot how to:
- Act well with bad readers
- Take direction quickly and easily
FEARLESS AUDITION TECHNIQUE trains you to handle yourself with confidence and ease under pressure.
- Audition room etiquette principles to guide your behavior
- How to answer both typical and unexpected industry questions
- How, when, and when not to “chat”
- My signature technique: “How to enter an audition room.”
For actors with previous training only.
$250 | Tuition reduced through summer 2020
Please email us a headshot and resume.
“I HAD TO COLD READ AT AN AUDITION THE OTHER DAY WITH A CASTING DIRECTOR AND SHE SAID, “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU JUST GOT THAT SIDE 2 MINUTES AGO!” I FELT SO CONFIDENT MAKING BOLD, INSTINCTUAL CHOICES.”
—Monica West, New York
“PEOPLE ACTUALLY ASK ME WHERE I LEARNED TO ENTER A ROOM, AND I TELL THEM KAREN K! TRUE STORY.”
—Ciaran Byrne, New York
“I LOVE WHAT I’VE LEARNED FROM YOU.”
—Keong Sim, Los Angeles