FEARLESS COLD READING
This is a FUN, challenging, thorough class that is absolutely packed with practical information and skills.
NOW ENROLLING | 2 groups on ZOOM!
|Group A||Mondays 6-9pm Eastern||October 4, 11, 18, 25|
|Group B||Thursdays 11am-2pm Eastern||October 7, 14, 21, 28|
FEARLESS COLD READING is a 10-point system that completely solves audition problems that arise out of nerves or not knowing what to focus on, including:
- Getting buried in the script
- Not connecting to your partner
- Making safe or weak or no choices!
Focused practice with partners during the week gets the 10 points into your body so that no matter how much time you have to prepare, you will habitually
- Commit and connect
- Assess the style and tone of the script
- Make strong character choices
- Listen to and “ride” the script adventurously, instead of playing it safe out of fear, overwhelm, or indecision
You will learn how to prioritize your preparation time—whether it’s 5 minutes or 2 weeks.
We also troubleshoot how to:
- Act well with bad readers
- Take direction quickly and easily
$275 | Tuition
Please email us a headshot and resume.
“I HAD TO COLD READ AT AN AUDITION THE OTHER DAY WITH A CASTING DIRECTOR AND SHE SAID, “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU JUST GOT THAT SIDE 2 MINUTES AGO!” I FELT SO CONFIDENT MAKING BOLD, INSTINCTUAL CHOICES.”
—Monica West, New York
“PEOPLE ACTUALLY ASK ME WHERE I LEARNED TO ENTER A ROOM, AND I TELL THEM KAREN K! TRUE STORY.”
—Ciaran Byrne, New York
“I LOVE WHAT I’VE LEARNED FROM YOU.”
—Keong Sim, Los Angeles